Seoul International School operates school buses to assist families with their children’s transportation needs to and from school, Monday through Friday. Bus routes cover most areas in Seoul, especially in the southern part of the city and further south beyond Bundang. For students who participate in after-school activities, there are also Activity Buses available.
S.I.S. school buses are fully insured and the school carries a maximum insurance policy for each bus rider. In addition, each bus is equipped with a two-way radio transceiver so that the driver may communicate to the S.I.S. Transportation Office any problems they might encounter en route.
A bus schedule has been developed for the year. Changes to this schedule are made occasionally in order to accommodate as many students as possible for each school year. Therefore, before moving to a new location, it is important to contact the S.I.S. Transportation Office (031-750-1351~3) to receive the latest information regarding bus routes and the availability of seats.
Although every effort is made to accommodate as many students as possible with their transportation needs, this is not always possible. For safety reasons, no bus is allowed to fill beyond its seating capacity. Therefore, the school CANNOT GUARANTEE a seat for every student who wishes to ride the bus that covers his/her neighborhood.
Parents and students should be fully aware of the following bus rules, which are posted in each bus. Any violations to these rules will be reported immediately to the Headmaster. Students who do not abide by these rules may be temporarily suspended from riding the bus or denied continued use of bus services.
- Students must sit in their assigned seats with their seat belts securely fastened at all times.
- Proper behavior is required. Students must refrain from fighting, shouting, throwing things, or displaying any other loud behavior that would distract others and/or the bus driver.
- Students must not take knives or any other sharp items, lighters, or other dangerous or potentially harmful materials onto the bus.
- Students must not create any damage to the bus, including seats.
- Students must keep arms, legs and other body parts inside the bus. They must not throw any object out of a bus window, and refrain from making impolite comments or gestures to those on or off the bus.
- Students are expected to follow the bus driver’s instructions promptly and courteously without exception. Rudeness toward the bus driver is unacceptable.
- At the end of the school day, students are expected to go directly to their assigned bus for their trip home. Students may not leave the campus when the school day ends and then return to the campus to take their bus.