Tuition of Seoul International School (“SIS”) for the School Year 2019/2020 consists of both a Korean Won (KRW) and a U.S. Dollar ($) portion as follows:
|GRADE LEVEL||FULL YEAR TUITION|
|Pre-Kindergarten||KRW 17,000,000.- plus US$ 4,036.-|
|Junior and Senior Kindergarten||KRW 19,900,000.- plus US$ 5,180.-|
|1st grade – 5th grade||KRW 20,200,000.- plus US$ 5,190.-|
|6th grade – 8th grade||KRW 21,900,000.- plus US$ 5,667.-|
|9th grade – 12th grade||KRW 24,620,000.- plus US$ 6,284.-|
- Fees applicable to All Students
|Transportation||KRW 2,500,000.-||Optional, Refundable|
|AP Exam Fee||KRW150,000~160,000.-||Varies by subject|
|Senior Fee||KRW 300,000.-|
|Book Deposit||Middle School||KRW 200,000.-||Refundable|
|High School||KRW 250,000.-||Refundable|
- Additional Fees applicable to New Students
|Application Processing Fee||KRW 500,000.-||Payable upon application|
|Initial Registration Fee||KRW 700,000.-||Payable upon acceptance|
PAYMENT OF TUITION AND FEES
For Returning Students;
- Returning students must first settle any amount owed in the School Year 2018/2019 to continue enrollment at SIS in the School Year 2019/2020.
- Returning students must pay Re-enrollment Fee of KRW 3,000,000.- by March 15, 2019. Re-enrollment Fee is a deposit to secure a place for a returning student and is, by its nature, non-refundable. Re-enrollment Fee will be applied towards the School Year 2019/2020 tuition.
- If student wishes to ride the school bus, student must pay transportation deposit of KRW 500,000 along with the re-enrollment fee to secure a seat.
For Newly Enrolling Students;
- New student must pay enrollment payment of KRW 3,000,000.- within 7 days after receiving the acceptance notice. Enrollment Fee is a deposit to secure a place for a new student and is, by its nature, non-refundable. Enrollment Fee will be applied towards the School Year 2019/2020 tuition.
- For students admitted on or before May 29, 2019, parents may use a payment option.
- For students admitted after May29, 2019, please inquire separate arrangements at the Accounting and Finance Office for payment options.
- If student wishes to ride the school bus, please inquire separate arrangements at the Admissions.
Tuition Payment Options;
Seoul International School offers installment payment options.
For payment option 2 & payment option 3, a non-refundable installment fee will be applied.
※ Amount due below is the balance remaining less the pre-paid (re)enrollment deposit.
- Option 1 : Standard Plan (no installment fee)
Item Due Date Amount Due Re-enrollment Fee March 15, 2019 KRW3,000,000.- Total KRW Tuition May 29, 2019 100% of KRW Tuition Total USD Tuition May 29, 2019 100% of US$ Tuition
- Option 2 : Three Payments Plan
Item Due Date Amount Due Re-enrollment Fee March 15, 2019 KRW3,000,000.- Installment Fee May 29, 2019 KRW500,000.- 1st Payment May 29, 2019 100% of US$ Tuition 2nd Payment July 31, 2019 50% of KRW Tuition 3rd Payment September 30, 2019 50% of KRW Tuition
- Option 3 : Five Payments Plan
Item Due Date Amount Due Re-enrollment Fee March 15, 2019 KRW 3,000,000.- Installment Fee May 29, 2019 KRW 750,000.- 1st Payment May 29, 2019 100% of US$ Tuition 2nd Payment July 31, 2019 25% of KRW Tuition 3rd Payment Sept. 30, 2019 25% of KRW Tuition 4th Payment Nov. 29, 2019 25% of KRW Tuition 5th Payment January 31, 2020 25% of KRW Tuition
- Late Payment Charge and Currency for Payment
- If any payment is delayed beyond the applicable due date, a late payment charge at five percent (5%) per annum will be added on the unpaid amount until the unpaid amount has been fully paid.
- Late charge shall be paid in the currency requested by the date shown on the relevant invoice.
REFUND POLICY AND LATE ENTRY PAYMENT
Refund Policy for Early Withdrawals
- Tuition refund will be prorated by attended days and it shall be deducted from the payment amount except for the re-enrollment or enrollment payment. Refund of tuition will be made in the currency used for payment.
- Bus fees may be refunded and the amount shall be pro-rated based on remaining school days.
- Refunds are wire transferred or given to parents only, or to their authorized representative.
- In the event of Force Majeure, which causes a student or students to withdraw from the school, tuition and fees already paid for the school year, and normally partially refunded in accordance with the Refund Policy for Early Withdrawals, will not be refunded and any tuition and fees that are unpaid will be due and payable. Force Majeure is defined as an event or effect, such as war, civil strife, labor unrest, earthquakes, nuclear disaster or extreme weather conditions that cannot be reasonably anticipated or controlled and would adversely affect the school’s financial condition. This policy is necessary to ensure the financial stability of the school and to provide resources for continued operations after the Force Majeure event has passed.
Late Entry Payment Arrangement
- Tuition less the enrollment fee will be pro-rata based on number of school days remaining for students entering SIS after the first day of school.
NON-REFUNDABLE FEES : The following fees are not refundable;
- Application Fee
- Registration Fee
- (Re)enrollment Fee
- Installment Fee
For Returning Students;
An invoice will be issued to each student containing two separate virtual account numbers (가상계좌); one for USD payment and another for KRW payment. This account is individualized for each student and will be used until the student graduates from SIS.
For Newly Enrolling Students;
Unless otherwise stated in the invoice issued to each student, payments shall be made using the following bank accounts:
- Tuition and fees in KRW Shinhan Bank : 100-019-811496 (서울국제학교)
- Tuition and fees in USD Shinhan Bank : 180-000-697898 (서울국제학교)
METHOD OF PAYMENT
The Korean Won portion must be directly deposited into the S.I.S Shinhan Bank KRW account, and the U.S. Dollar portion must be directly deposited into the S.I.S Shinhan Bank USD account.
** The Application Processing Fee may be paid in Korean Won (KW) by wire transfer
Account Name: Seoul International School
Won Account #: 100-019-811496
USD Account #: 180-000-697898
Bank Name: Shinhan Bank, Ogum-dong Branch
Bank Address: 44 Ogum-dong, Songpa-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Swift #: SHBKKRSE
For further questions concerning tuition payments, please contact the S.I.S. Accounting Office at (82-31) 750-1342, 1341
Financial Aid and Tuition Discount Policy is under revision.
Information will be announced when finalized.