Dear ES Families,
With the second trimester well under way, we want to thank everyone for your continued support of our students, teachers, and school as we all strive to provide optimal opportunities for learning each and every day. In addition, we want to also welcome our new families to ES and trust that you will find yourselves to be part of an outstanding and supportive learning community.
As we look ahead to the month of February, there are many exciting activities happening at the SIS Elementary Level. Some of these activities include:
• Saturday, February 2nd NO Swim Boosters due to Lunar Holiday.
• February 4th – 6th Lunar Holiday (School Closed)
• Friday, February 8th Second and third graders are coordinating our second Tiger Assembly at 8:00 am in the auditorium. Our theme is “Independent Learners.” Please feel free to join us in celebrating Independent Learners.
• Friday, February 8th our Admissions Office will be sending out “Intent Forms” to our all our SIS Families.
• Tuesday, February 12th Award winning author and photojournalist Richard Sobol at ES
• Wednesday, February 13th Fourth and Fifth grade basketball Starts (Wed. & Fri.)
• February 7, 14, 21, and 28th – ES Battle of the Books after school practice.
• February 9, 16 and 23rd – ES Saturday Swim Boosters.
• Thursday, February 14th – SIS PAC meeting at 9:00 am.
• Thursday, February 14th Fourth Grade Field Trip – Korean Supreme Court.
• Friday, February 15th First Grade Field Trip – Gwacheon National Science Museum.
• Friday, February 22nd is the deadline for the “Intent Forms” to be returned.
• Monday, February 25th – EPC meeting at 9:00 am in the MPR. The ISA test results will be discussed, along with a look at the new furniture, and the value of sleep and nutrition, plus anti-bullying.
In closing, we want to thank our families for your diligence in having your students well-prepared for learning each day. As always, thank you for supporting the wonderful teaching and learning taking place here at SIS!
Mr. Art – ES Principal