Step 1: Visit SIS
The best way to discover if SIS is the best fit for your family is to visit the school. Please contact the Admissions Office at your earliest convenience and setup an appointment for a personal tour of the school, Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:30am and 3:30pm.
If a personal visit to SIS is not possible, you may begin with Step 2 and visit us at a later date.
Step 2: Download & Complete the Application Form, Along With the Supporting Documents
The Director of Admissions will not begin screening an applicant's files until the completed application form, requested documents, and the processing fee have been submitted to the Admissions Office. Once downloaded and completed, this form and the requested documents can be mailed, hand-delivered, emailed to the Admissions Office.
Please download and complete:
- Application Checklist
- Application Form, Transportation Form, Medical Form (after accepted)
- 3 color photos (3cm x 4cm)
- Copies of the title page of passports (child, father, and mother)
- Government verification that student has lived overseas at least 1,095 days (approx 3yrs) as verified by the "Entry & Exit Certificate" issued by the Korean Immigration Department - vacation, trips, camps etc. are excluded.
- Sealed official transcript of the past two school years; English translation must also be provided if the original transcript is in languages other than English.
- Most recent standardized achievement scores (IOWA, CAT, SSAT, Stanford, STAR, PSAT, ACER, Terra Nova, etc.)
- Hand-written/typed creative writing sample (done in the classroom or as a homework) with the teacher's comments
Recommendation letter(s) as outlined below: (forms could be downloaded)
Kindergarten - current nursery or Pre-Kindergarten teacher
Elementary School - current classroom teacher
Middle and High School - Math and English teacher
We strongly urge you to submit all of your application materials at one time. You may send documents as they become available to you, however, the Admissions Office WILL NOT review the application until all materials have been received.
During the official application time of the year, ALL materials must be received before the posted deadline, in order to be evaluated by the Admissions Office.
Additional application materials (e.g. video biographies, awards, etc) should not be submitted during the application process.
Step 3: Send Applications
Mail applications to the following address:
Seoul International School
Songpa P.O. Box 47
Seoul, Korea 138-600
Call one of the following numbers: